Judy Garland: Lifeline of a Legend
Judy Garland was one of the greatest entertainment icons of the 20th Century. Considered the preeminent female musical star of Hollywood's Golden Age, she remains best known and loved for the magic she brought to stage, screen, television, radio, recordings, and her legendary live performances. Her combination of intense acting ability, singular communicative power, humor, and a versatile and powerful singing voice is regarded as unequalled, even today.
- Over the five decades of her career, Judy Garland appeared in 32 feature films, won a special Academy Award, and was nominated for two others.
- Her motion pictures include such screen classics as The Wizard of Oz, Babes in Arms, For Me and My Gal, Girl Crazy, Meet Me In St. Louis, Easter Parade, A Star Is Born, and Judgment at Nuremberg.
- She starred in four television specials and her own series (Garland and the programs collecting ten Emmy nominations in all) and guest-starred on nearly 30 other programs.
- She recorded nearly 100 single records and over a dozen albums, including Judy At Carnegie Hall -- the fastest selling two-disc set to its time. On the charts for over 90 weeks, it ranked as No. 1 for 13 of them and subsequently won five Grammys, including "Album of the Year" and "Best Female Vocalist."
- She won a special Tony Award® for the first of three record-breaking Broadway appearances at The Palace Theatre and gave over 1100 live stage, nightclub, and concert performances between 1951-1969. She triumphed everywhere from the Hollywood Bowl and the Newport Jazz Festival to the London Palladium, the Paris Olympia, the Sydney Stadium, and the Copenhagen Falkoner Centret.
- "Over the Rainbow" -- written for her to introduce in The Wizard of Oz -- was voted the # 1 Film Song of All Time by The American Film Institute in 2004. In 2001, it was acclaimed as the # 1 "Song of the Century" by the National Endowment for the Arts and the Recording Industry Association of America.
- Click Here for More Judy Trivia
- Click Here for More on Judy’s life
Experience Judy Garland In Concert, click here to Buy Tickets